Sunday, September 18, 2011

Cultural Events

I haven't been to the movies in months, maybe even a year. I haven't been to the movies in Sarajevo in decades, I think, from before the war!

On Thursday, I went with my friend Tomi and her friend to see Midnight in Paris ("Ponoć u Parizu") at multiplex Cinema City. The cinemas that I knew from before are no longer there. They have been converted to banks, shopping centers, and the such. From what I understand, there are just two other cinemas, one specializing more in "artistic" movies, or as we would call them "alternative", and the other in domestic movies. Cinema City is in the center of the town, near BBI center, and was opened two years ago. It has 5 show rooms, with a total capacity of 700 seats. It's very modern, and has pretty much all the amenities that the US theaters do: wall-to-wall screens, Dolby Digital sound system, comfortable anatomic chairs, cups holders, concession stands...and the whole look and feel is just very modern. The bonus: the movie was great! :) The ticket is 6KM, or about $4.5.

On Saturday evening mom and I went for another cultural event, this time to a performance theatre, Chamber Theatre 55 ("Kamerni Teatar"). This one was a few minutes walk from Cinema City closer to the center, on the main center street. It started at this location over 55 years ago. It's a small, 3-side amphitheatre, with I think no more than 150-200 seats, if even that many. Their show season just started back again few days ago and we went to see their 3 persons comedy play, Die Hard ("Umri Muški"). It has nothing to do with the movie with that same name. We had some loughs and enjoyed being there together. The ticket is 10KM, or about $7.5.

No comments: