Monday, September 5, 2011

Small World

Ah, vacation. And the beach. Love. It.

We arrived in Makarska on Saturday. Unpacked, and headed to beach for a nap since we didn't sleep much the night before. In our little hotel, of some 30 rooms, that evening they had some special group of miners from Kakanj for dinner. I think they doubled the capacity, and took all the tables on the terrace. We set inside.

As faith would have it, I recognized my math professor Galic from the first year of college in Sarajevo. It has been 20 years since I had his class, but I saw him few times during the war. I said hi to him, but he at first pretended it wasn't him (just his personality). Next to our table mom recognized a acquaintance from her former work place. And those two have rooms on either side of hours. Small world!

Last night I went to Mass in a church in downtown square. It was so full that people were standing outside. Maybe they were smart, because inside was hot we were melting. No AC, of course.

It's nice that we are here for a whole week, because today the weather is not the best. It has been raining early in the morning, and right now there is thunder in the distance. I don't mind relaxing here at the hotel, either. But just for today. :)

No comments: