Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Active Vacation

There is so much happening here every day! Sometimes I have a hard time grasping that something happened just a day before.

Today was one of those days.

Mom went for an exercise at her seniors' center, and I picked her up just after 10. We then walked some toward the farmers market. It's a nice 30 min stroll through a neighbourhood where I grew up. Before I broke my camera, I took few photos of my kindergarten and school. Today, I decided to go in. What memories! I haven't been inside that building since....1983! I was much smaller then, so the school and yard looked much bigger. I walked the halls and climbed up to 2nd level where my classroom used to be. The kiddos in the hallways were so tiny! And I was shocked that the two boys who greeted us at the entrance downstairs were 7th and 8th grade. They looked like 4th grade tops! I have no sense of how old the kids are. :)

We talked to few farmers who had their products out on the street on our way to the market, and tried to bargain with them. We had some loughs, but couldn't get the price we wanted from them. We finally arrived at the market, and while mom shopped outside and checked out some items inside the store. When we were done shopping, we set at the outside cafe and had some coffee. As is often the case here, we saw our neighbour from our weekend house at the table next to us, and had a little chat.

After the brake, we walked home the same way. Short rest is all we had and then in the mid afternoon went around the corner to eat some kebabs. Then we met with a man who came to collect the payment for our hotel in Makarska. And then again walked some 20min to meet at a desert place with my professor who helped me come to the US.

Kinda busy day. Just like almost every day here. Love the dynamic! It makes the time here seem so much longer. :)

No comments: