Saturday, August 21, 2010

B-Day

Last weekend I celebrated my birthday. And it was a good one.

Chez NousIt first started when my friend Norma came over with little Juan the night before, and brought dinner and birthday balloons! She gave me three options, and I choose Serranos fajitas. She wanted to come over, as opposed to go out, so I could show them my Uganda photos. We enjoyed our visit very much.

On the morning of my birthday, my brother surprised me we with a bouquet of yellow lilies! When I got up, they were already in the vase on the dinning table. It was a very dear and touching surprise. My little brother. I love you! :)

That day was the last day for one of our coworkers in the group, so we all went out to lunch to Rudy's, for him. I usually don't meet people for lunches, because I can't eat real, full meals that early, but that day I went. I know it was for him, but it felt just a little bit like we are going out for my birthday. :)

Chez NousAnd then in the evening I met with some amazing women, that I am privileged to call my friends, at a french restaurant Chez Nous downtown. I had to chuckle when even though I was late 15 minutes to pick up Kim, as we were going to drive together, we arrived at the restaurant right on time, with NO rush-hour traffic. AND there was a parking spot RIGHT in front of the restaurant. Just for me. Just for my birthday!

I've been wanting to try their crepes for a long time, but it turns out that for dinner they only serve one type, and it's for desert. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the meal, and had just a fabulous time with my friends! Thank you ladies for celebrating with me.

No comments: