Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

It's good to be home. In Bosnian we say: "Svuda prodji, al' kuci dodji", or "Go everywhere, but come home". It's good to have a feeling of coming home, not just to a place I live. Home is so much more.

A week ago I was finding my way through Washington DC with Ada. I just realized yesterday that we completely missed to look for the white house! That is how tired, and sleep deprived, and incredibly heat exhausted we were. I know we saw it on the map at some point, but by the time we were at the Washington monument we were so tired that it was totally off our mind. If we just looked to the other side of that park, we would have seen it.

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to go back to our capital again. Maybe when I become a citizen! :)

Five continents down, two more to go to. South America will have to wait at least couple of years, and I don't really have a desire to ever go to Antarctica!

No comments: