Thursday, July 10, 2008

Introduction

I am starting a blog! Me? Really??? Me, who said I'll never put my experiences down on paper is now ready to share them in cyberspace? Well, it is shocking to me!
And exciting and scary and adventurous - and that is how this site came about. I wanted to record some of the adventures of my life, present, future, and maybe even past. Because my life is one huge adventure.
I will start with documenting my trip to Australia this July. There were so many times, so many events, big and not so big, that nudged me to start a blog, but I ignored them; My move to the US, graduation, first car, mission in Mexico, becoming a Eucharistic Minister, first house, 4-month bathroom renovation, 100K miles on my car, getting unconscious during a ski-trip, (finally) receiving a green card, Caribbean cruise... - none of those were strong enough forces to make me start blogging at that moment. Or I wasn't ready - until now.
So, why now? What's so special about this trip and about now? I am afraid if I started pondering over that question, I'll just stop writing and delete this blog. :) But, this is a big, huge adventure. I am going to a World Youth Day in Sydney, my 2nd and maybe last WYD. I have grown so much, in so many areas in these 10 years since the WYD in Paris. And so for me, in some way, this WYD is an end to one era and the beginning of a new one. It’s an end of my adventurous young-adulthood and the beginning of an adulthood full of new excitements. It’s not just an event, it’s a beginning!

No comments: