Friday, July 11, 2008

Down to single digits

I am leaving for the airport in 7 hours, 4.45am! I hope to sleep well tonight, as well as on the flight to San Francisco.
Bags are all packed. I am taking a large wheeled backpack, another backpack for my sleeping bag and jacket, and a day pack for little things. I also packed a duffel bag to put in the mat and tent I ordered through WYD agency, and for any other things I might accumulate along the way. :)
I feel ready for this trip. Unlike many of my other travels, this one had a long, long preparation curve, starting from discernment if I should go, then months of fundraising, and weeks of spiritual preparation. I was able to go to confession and mass before the trip, which was important to me. At work I was able to tie up any loose ends and didn't have to work extra hours this week. Today I left early, 4pm, was able to cook dinner and make a cake with my brother. Then went for a relaxing 30 min swim at our neighbourhood pool. And to top it of, a facial and manicure given by moi. :)
Frisco - here I come!

No comments: