Thursday, July 10, 2008

2 days to go!

Our flight leaves on Saturday morning, at the crack of dawn. We have a 39-hour layover in San Francisco, which will give me some time to unwind from work, try to get closer in adjusting to the Ozzie timezone, and catch up with a friend who lives there.
I am traveling with a group of 11, from several different parishes, plus another 3 who will join us in Sydney. We will spend eight days in Sydney and then two in Melbourne. My bags have been packed for few weeks already. It's winter in Australia now, so I don't need those warm clothes that I packed here in Austin. I have just a few more small things to pack, to follow through with my list. I am such a todo-list-type of person. Yesterday I finished first draft of the spreadsheet for my choice of WYD events; there are over 400 to choose from, and it's overwhelming deciding where to go. Part of this experience will be to realize when to let go of my plans and allow the Spirit to lead. I like having a plan, but don't mind being spontaneous sometimes.
The challenge is to find the right balance.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yeah, Zvez, you have a blog! I'm so excited for you! I've never been to a WYD and I get teary-eyed when I think that I'll probably never go being a mom of 3 now. So I'm live through those of you who still can. :) Know that we will be praying for you everyday for a safe trip and blessed spiritual memories to share with us! Say "hi" to the Papa for us!