Monday, February 6, 2012

This, That, and the Other

It's been a while since I've posted here. A long while. I just wasn't inspired to write. I'll pretend nothing happened, and just pick up from today. Maybe I soon write one post to recap the last 5 weeks.

Because of the stress I felt due to the events of the passed 5 weeks, I decided I really need some time off. The weather was uncertain, as is common this time of year, so we waited till the last few days before making final plans. We finally were happy with the forecast not to be a total wash out, and reserved four nights at the Log Country Cove. I went there, long time ago, maybe even 10 years ago, but I remember having a great time with some Bosnian friends. I liked the cabins, the nature, the water,... and I know that setting was the closest to camping my mom would want to come. So, I got us a cabin there from Tuesday to Saturday. I am so happy I did this, and we both had a great time.

We actually had great weather. Half the time we were in just short sleeves. We even took Ciro with us on the walks, even paddle boat, in a little open-top box. There were just a few other cabins rented, so we were able to enjoy some privacy but at the same time not feel totally isolated. We went on walks couple of times every day, from walks around river to hiking through nature trails. In the evening we enjoyed camp fire, bbq, and s'mores. It was such a relaxing time, which is exactly what we were going for.

No comments: