Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year Oddity

Since this is the first leap year/day since I started writing this blog in 2008, I thought I should record something special that happened today. Or something really odd.

Well, what waited for me at the office was certainly out of the ordinary.

This little critter was caught alive on this glue trap in the corner right next to my cubicle. 3 feet away. And I sit on the 8th, last floor! I actually didn't see it in the morning, but when someone stopped by my desk couple of hours later, he pointed it out to me. It was still moving. Gross!

I sent a quick (since I needed to continue conversation with this colleague) email to our admin about the finding, but haven't heard from hear till late afternoon. All-the-while, this creature has been squirming on the glue. It turned out, since my email title was "mouse", she thought I was just needing a new computer mouse, and didn't bother to open the email right away. Sigh.

A security guy came right before I left in the evening and picked up the "present".

Eww!

No comments: