Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Is Here!

Or should I say: Christmas Is Here?!

Where did this month, this year go?!

I really was not in the pre-Christmas spirit this month. It started with the car thing, which happened on the first Sunday of Advent. The next two weeks were packed with stress and drama. Looking for the car, making decisions, pressure of finite time with rental-car, having to think about it every day, knowing that Zoran will be leaving soon and I would have to make the final decision myself,.... Then the stress of Ciro being worse and worse, taking him to the vet, feedings, nightly seizures, lack of sleep,....

It dawned on me that Christmas was almost here on the fourth weekend of Advent, when my mom arrived and had me box the presents she brought, and I didn't even get her anything! I realized this year we have the longest Advent, with Christmas day falling on a Sunday, and was greatfull for that extra week to try to get into the spirit.

On Saturday, I made myself finish decorating the tree and putting up the lights outside.
On Sunday, we went to the Christmas concert at the Capitol.
On Monday, I went to reconciliation and to the Celtic concert at the Cathedral.
On Tuesday, mom went with me to that same concert.
On Wednesday, I did some Christmas shopping.
On Thursday, I went to see some weird Christmas lights displays on the 37th street with my friend Joe.
On Friday, mom and I drove through some neighborhoods in Round Rock, like we did last year, that had great lights and even synchronized with music.
On Saturday, we did some baking and I went to Midnight Mass at the Cathedral.

Packed week! I had to force myself to do some of these things. I was going to have as good of a time as I make it.

Christmas day was rainy and cold, perfect for staying inside and relaxing. We had a late start (since I didn't get to bed till 2am) and took our time with coffee and breakfast. Opened presents. Cooked a nice meal. Sipped some wine. Cleaned the fridge to fit all the food. Watched some movies.

It's still hard to believe that in just 3 (!!!!!!) days it will be 2012!

Where. Did. The. Year. Go?!!!

No comments: