Friday, February 25, 2011

10 Years of Service

This year marks 10 years since I started working at National Instruments. 10 years! Wow.

I actually started on Jan. 22nd, but that date this year actually brought havoc for the next couple of weeks, so I didn't really think about the anniversary.

First, in the craziness of switching accounts for direct deposit of paychecks, I was surprised when I received one additional paper check that was sizable amount but still less than what I usually receive. It took me few minutes of reviewing it to realize that it was a service award. Nice! I totally didn't expect that.

Our company takes us out for these occasions for lunch in a group with the CEO and VP of Human Resources. Since there are not that many of us who started the same week who are still here after 10 years, they group 2-3 weeks worth of start dates into one lunch outing. So this week 14 of were treated lunch at Iron Cactus in the Arboretum.They presented us there is a plaque and a $100 dinner certificate. Nice.

No comments: