Monday, February 28, 2011

St. Edward's Park (and University)

My friend Amber introduced me to this park just a year ago. It was the last on my list of new parks in Austin to show mom this year.

It was such a nice day for this hike. Since I've only been here once, I felt a thrill having to explore the trails on our own. It felt like a real adventure when we encountered a long snake on the trail! When we reached the first hill, we set our blanked down and had some snacks enjoying the scenic view. After conquering another large hill, we came down to the creek. We packed our dinner with us so we found a nice secluded area by the water and ate there. On the way back, we spotted some horse footsteps and followed them to the water. There were two of them, and the owners brought them there to play in the water. Literally. They were splashing around like little kids. :)






Next we went for some Amy's ice cream in the Arboretum and then drove down to St. Edward's University for my rehearsal. We will have two concerts, on March 6th and 10th.

No comments: