Saturday, January 29, 2011

Miracle Report

I got my purse back!

With EVERYTHING inside!!!

I'd call that a miracle. :)

They called from the restaurant on Friday before I got back home from work. Mom told she thought it was someone from La Madeline, and she thought they said they have some papers for me. I called them back with a cautious optimism, and the lady confirmed that they have the purse! She said on the phone that she noticed it several days ago, but just didn't get the time to actually look inside and find the number. I think she got my name from the check-book, and then called 411 to find my number, which is listed. I asked if there are things inside, thinking that maybe they found a torn purse with just few things in it, but she said that she didn't look but it looks like there are things inside.

We drove to the restaurant right away, me still not sure what to think about it. The lady I talked to on the phone, which was not the same one who worked there last weekend, brought me the purse - in mint condition! :) When I asked her how and when they found it, she wasn't sure. She noticed it few days before, and probably the person cleaning up the tables outside brought it in. I assume that he didn't place it in the usual lost&found location, and the lady who looked for it when I lost it last Saturday didn't look at that location. Duh! She should have looked for it more diligently.

I quickly looked through the content, and when I saw that all the cash, around $160, was still there, I knew all other the things must be there. Now that I have canceled all the cards, transferred all direct deposits and payments, re-keyed all the locks, ordered the drivers license, glasses....now I have it all back. I still wasn't very jubilant about it, as I had mixed emotions about the whole thing.

But in the end, I am very glad I have it all back. It is a miracle, really, that everything is there. In a week or so I'll have all those accounts sorted out, insurance paid for re-keying, and I was able to deal with all of that without too much stress. And I have all those little things that could not be replaced back.

Yes, it is a great thing what happened!

No comments: