Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lake Pflugerville Picnic

Oh, winter Texas weather. How I love thee.

This weekend the weather was absolutely wonderful. Mom and I got to enjoy it on Sunday. After coming home from Mass, I gave her two options: Have coffee in the backyard, or bring a picnic and have coffee at the lake. Of course, we both choose the latter, especially because some cold weather was coming into town next week.

Lake Pflugerville is about 20 min away from where I live. It's a man-made lake on the outskirts of a neighbourhood, with a 3 mile trail around it. I was there once with some friends, and knew I wanted to come back.

We placed our folding chairs and cooler on a grassy area near water. I brought coffee in a thermos bottle, milk and chocolate milk, agave syrup, fruit, juice, cookies and beer, for just in case. :)

We first went for a nice walk around the lake. The temperatures were in the 60s, but at times we were a bit cold when the breeze came, and at time even warm when the sun got really bright. We were in shorts and t-shirts.

Then we got back to relax and have our coffee by the water. It was one of those special moments to savor.

Lake PfugervilleLake PfugervilleLake PfugervilleLake PfugervilleLake Pfugerville

No comments: