Saturday, July 17, 2010

Uganda Adventure: D-Day minus one

It's less then 24 hours left till I take off for Uganda! This time tomorrow I should already be on the plane, about to land in Washington DC. By Monday evening, 5.30PM Austin time, we should be in Entebbe, Uganda.

The begs are packed.
One bag to check, one carry-on bag, one day-pack. All clothing clean, pressed in travel vacuum bags. Dozens of little just-in-case items thoughtfully selected.

The list is all checked, and rechecked several times.
Batteries charged, passport ready, boarding pass printed.

Malaria medication started. The house left all in order. The tasks at work all done.

Check, check, and check.

All this planning though it puts my mind at ease, can feel as a chore. Today I had to remind myself that I am now officially on vacation! And it made me smile. All of a sudden, any hint of those have-to-get-things-done-feelings, turned into a excitement of knowing that it's R&R time!

Since we leave early tomorrow, I'll be going to Reconciliation and Mass tonight, and then of to a celebration of the Bastille Day at the French Legation Museum.

No comments: