Wednesday, June 3, 2009

These Days...

This past week my brother was away on a small vacation, and I have enjoyed having the car to myself. I didn't have to worry about leaving the work at certain time or having to go home first to drop him off before going to an evening activity. I didn't feel guilty about being out most of the day on both Saturday and Sunday, and then again going out in the evening. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy having my brother around, but I don't even realize how much stress sharing a car adds, until he is not here to share it.

He is coming back tonight.

But, just two more weeks, and I am leaving for vacation to Bosnia, for 3.5 weeks! It's going to be an active one; mom and I plan to go to Istanbul for 5 days, and to the Adriatic coast for another 5, plus few day trips. I am very much looking forward to it.

I had a list of items to take with me, so I've been busy these days visiting stores and checking things off my list. I am very list oriented. I love this preparation time, for any trip. It gives me a sense that the vacation is even longer, as I am already getting into that mood. I just need to keep focus at work, because there are many loose end to tie up before I leave. Speaking of which, I should probably get back to work instead of day dreaming about vacation. :)

No comments: