Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vacation Time!

It's that time again for me to take a long vacation. My employer is forcing us to use 10 days of our payed vacation is second and third quarter this year, and I am not complaining. :) I was planning to go to Bosnia this year in September anyway, so this trip just came a few months earlier. I am using all my vacation time, and will be gone for three and a half weeks!

I am flying out this afternoon, and after four flights and almost 24 hours later, I should be in Sarajevo Friday evening local time. I'll have the weekend to adjust and relax a bit before going to Istanbul, Turkey, on Monday for 6 days. I have been to southern part of Turkey some 19 years ago (gosh, that sounds sooo long time ago), but that was in two smaller, resort-style cities. Istanbul is going to be something completely different.

After that, I'll be in Sarajevo probably until July 5th, and hope during that time to see my godmother who lives in Germany. Then I'll go somewhere on the Adriatic coast to the beach, possibly Makarska for 2-3 days. Those days should be all relaxing on the beach, in the shade. Then mom and I have a scheduled 3-day organized trip that leaves from Sarajevo and goes to the northern part of Croatian cost, Istra. We hope to meet up with this group somewhere on the coast, so we don't have to go to Sarajevo just to get on that bus. Those 3 days will be packed with sightseeing from one place to another.

The last couple of days of my vacation I'll again be in Sarajevo, to enjoy the walks, cafes, people watching, and local fast food....

It's a hard life, but somebody has to do it. :)

No comments: