Monday, May 30, 2011

3-Day Weekend

It has been a great Memorial Day weekend. If it was up to be, we would have these long weekends at least once a month.

It started on Friday evening when I met with my friend Norma and 3 nine-year-olds at their local pool after work. Even though the temperatures during the day are already hitting triple digits, the evenings are still comfortable, especially in the shade. We had a nice time relaxing and catching up.

partypartypartySaturday I spent preparing for the party that evening; some yard work, cleaning the house, and cooking. My next door neighbour finished repairing my side of the fence, which was really nice of him, so I brought them some cake. The game night was a success. Some long-time and some new friends came, and we had a good gender mix. My friend Paul, a musician, even brought his guitar and played few of his songs for us. We also tried our skills at playing the didgeridoo. I felt relaxed in the hostess role, which was not always the case before, and everyone seemed to have enjoyed themselves.

After Mass on Sunday, I visited with my brother and sister-in-law. We shared a meal, and Indian dish, had coffee, and shared stories from my Ireland trip, Emilia's visit with her family, and Zoran's job search. While they went grocery shopping, I took a nice nap, something that I rarely do, maybe once a year. I guess all that partying has gotten to me. :) It gave me extra boost to then do the laundry in the evening.

I was so looking forward to having that one extra day. It was a day for relaxing and doing some little things that I don't usually get to do on the weekends. I cleaned up the wood planks left ofter from the fence repairing, cooked dinner, and then went for a nice stroll in the Domain with my friend Norma. again, the evenings are comfortable to be outside, so we really enjoyed it.

A lovely weekend. Thank you all veterans who made it possible for us to celebrate this day.

No comments: