Sunday, May 9, 2010

15 Years

May 1st, fifteen years ago, I entered into a new life of being a Catholic Christian.

I was baptized, confirmed and received my first communion in a little, former shoe store, church in Sarajevo. It was during the war, and my life was transformed forever after just four months of first entering that building....(more maybe in another post)

This picture was taken on that day during a little celebration at a friend's appartment with whom I share the same Godmother. We still had plastic sheets on the windows (background).

Every year I try to remember this event in some way, but this year I decided to celebrate it a bit more.

I was originally hoping to have one of my priest friends, Fr. Harry, over for a house blessing and invite friends over to a party. But, since he was not available on that day, I only kept the party part of that plan.

During the day, I celebrated Mass at the St. Mary's cathedral. It also happened to be the feast of St. Joseph (the worker) that day, so it was even more festive. We also witnessed a very humble wedding during that Mass, which lasted no more than five minutes, which was an unusual addition.

In the evening, I had friends over for a "birthday" game party. Some mature and some newly formed friendships. It meant a lot to me to celebrate this day with all of you who helped me grow further over these years. Thank you for your company and your friendships!

No comments: