Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let Me Just Brag For a Bit...

... on how awesome our God is!

His timing is perfect.

I scheduled the installation of the new HVAC back in late January. Based on the cost estimate they gave me, I figured out how much disposable cash I'll have by the scheduled date, February 27th. If I got my tax return by that date and if my brother was able to return a loan I gave him on time, I would have just enough to cut that check.

I sent in my tax forms at the beginning of February. I compared the dates back from last year, and it took them about three weeks to return my refund. I was hoping for the quick processing this year as well, so that the deposit is made before the 27th. Few days before that I checked the status on the IRS web site, and it said the refund will be deposited on Friday, the 26th! Now, isn't that just perfect timing!

My brother was not able to repay the loan this month. He is also waiting on the tax refund, but his, for some reason, will not be done until the end of March, even though we submitted it at the same time. So, I temporarily transferred that same amount from my emergency fund to checking. After I paid for the HVAC, I calculated my expenses until the next paycheck, and realized I'll be $50 short. My brother would probably be able to come up with that much for now, but, just out of the blue, I thought "wouldn't it be nice if I got dividend payed out for my company stock this week?" Our stock was doing well, but I didn't know when those dividends are paid. Guess what? I got paid dividend, the very next day! He just read my mind. :)

Ah, how awesome is HE!

No comments: