Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fall Style

In this image I am sporting the latest fall fashion - pun intended. :)

The first week of fall I had a clumsy fall off of a ladder while painting the trim on the house. I fell with entire weight onto the right arm on the concrete, and cracked a bone in the elbow. I will have to wear this contraption for 3-4 weeks.

Fortunately, I am in no pain, but the life with only one, left arm functional, is far from normal. Any activity, from dressing up, grooming, driving, eating, using a mouse, even typing this, is a challenge and takes twice as long. The hardest on me was not getting enough sleep because I could only lay in one position and not be able to turn. Once a week I had my brother cook me a meal, because I can't even make a sandwich. I had another friend make me dinner two times, for which I am very grateful.

Overall, this has been a very humbling experience for this girl who thinks she can do everything herself and doesn't want to depend on anyone.

2 comments:

Adam said...

We're blessed to have generous people bringing us dinner every other night. You're welcome to join us if you don't mind reading to the kids! :)

love-birds lover said...

Thanks Adam! I don't mind reading to tke kids, but I would totally feel guilty taking away from the meal people provided for you, especially since I didn't put my name on your care calender. I managed somehow these 2 weeks with dinners, between my bro and one friend helping out. Thanks for the genericity.