Friday, July 3, 2009

Preparation For the Beach Trip

Today again we were lucky not to get rained on. The mornings are usually sunny, but since we don't get moving until noon, we usually get some sprinkles. Mom's knee and leg are feeling fine today.

We walked to the post office to pay for our trip to Istra. Then walked some more to one store and were thinking of getting another umbrella because thunder was rolling in. Instead, we went for a coffee in a place with covered patio, hoping to wait there till the shower is gone. It was a bit windy and clouds moved through, but only a few rain drops. We saw my cousin at the restaurant as we were leaving, and then stayed another half an hour chatting with him. The restaurant is part of a large grocery store where we bought some items for the trip tomorrow. The rain moved away and we walked back home. By now, I am used to all the walking.

After dinner I met up with another friend I haven't spoke since the last time I was here. She and her sister were in Belgrade during the war at the same time as I was. Her and I were returning home to Sarajevo together and spent three weeks on the Serb side of the city before we were able to reunite with our families, so we shared some special memories.

Tonight we packed for our trip tomorrow morning. We are leaving before 7 am with a van that will pick us up. We should be on the coast by 11.30 am and are staying until Tuesday afternoon. Then we'll just come home to repack that evening and are leaving again at midnight for the trip to northern Croatia coast. My godmother sr. Auksilija also called me today, and it seems we should be able to meet up when I come back next Saturday.

No comments: