Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back Home

Four flights and 21 hours later, I am back in Austin. This time there were no delays in flights, and all connections went the best way they can (I had to stand in line for hour and a half for passport control in Chicago with all other foreigners, but I expected that drill). The only casualty was my suitcase that now has both locks broken, and arrived covered with duck tape to hold it together.

It is good to be home. I thought about it before I left Sarajevo, how traveling both directions I have something to look forward to and do not feel sad or anxious to go. When going to Sarajevo, I am excited about going on vacation and spending time with mom. When going to Austin, I am looking forward to arriving into my home and seeing friends.

Today I feel a bit tired, still. I didn't have enough sleep with the jet leg, and woke up with a head ache. I am catching up with all the emails at work, but decided to try something new. I rarely go to lunch in our cafeteria, maybe 10 times in these 9 years I've been here, but today I decided to have a salad and eat it in the courtyard between the two buildings. I enjoyed being outside, even though it was hot even in the shade. I already miss the possibility of walking to places like I had in Europe and people watching. I'd like to find some ways of being around more people in Austin....

No comments: