Sunday, July 26, 2009

Closed on Sundays

I usually try not to go to any stores or restaurants on Sundays. I respect it to be a holy day meant for rest and worship, and me going to those places would encourage people to work on Sunday. I understand though, that someone may have another day of the week off, and thus get their needed rest on that day.

This Sunday, however, I decided to pick up something from Hobby Lobby on the way back from the church. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw they are not open on Sundays and especially when I read the sign explaining why: "We are closed on Sundays to allow our employees time for family and worship"

Kudos to Hobby Lobby management for not only giving their people time to rest with their families, but also recognizing it as a day for worship.

No comments: