Tuesday, November 1, 2011

11-1-11

Happy All Saints Day!

This year has abundance of these special dates! :)

I didn't go to any dress-up Halloween parties this weekend. But last night we had many a children in costumes at our door. There were princess, super heroes, tigers, bees, fairies, ghosts, forces of good and evil, and myriad of undetermined characters. No saints costumes that I could decipher, but hopefully many saints in the making!

The kiddos started coming just a minute after I walked in after work, around 6.40pm. The little ones came first, and then, as the night fell, the older ones followed. By 8pm I ran out of candy and lolly pops. I didn't answer to the next two trick-or-treat-ers and started looking for more give outs. When the next group of 4 teenagers rang the door, I offered the jello! They were super excited, and asked for spoons right away! After those last 'customers' I turned out the porch light and called it a night.

Tonight we celebrated with all the saints at a High Mass at St. William's church.

No comments: