Friday, August 26, 2011

Into The Storm I Go

Well, not really, but it's close.

I am leaving tomorrow to go to Bosnia, and I am flying over Washington DC. And, this weekend a historic storm is also approaching the east coast, Hurricane Irene. Right now it's category 2, by the time it gets to north-east coast it should be cat. 1. So now, I am racing with the storm.

My flight is still scheduled to leave Dulles airport at 6.45 PM, at which point the eye of the storm should be some 250 miles south from there. Flights from NY city airports are already being canceled starting from tomorrow afternoon. They are even shutting down the amtrak, subways, and evacuating part of Manhattan. Crazy!

Many US airlines have waived the fees to reschedule the flight ahead of the time. Not Lufthansa. So, I am hoping we'll take of, safely, before the high winds reach the path of my flight to Munich, and I won't be stranded in DC. I will feel like my vacation really started when I am on that plane going toward Europe.

I hope and pray everyone is safe in the path of Irene.

No comments: